Thursday, May 04, 2006

And so it begins

I have never been the kind of person to resist peer pressure and so decided to produce my own blog. I freely admit to being a knitter who cannot resist jumping on bandwagons, and as this whole knit blog malarkey has got so prolific I just had to get me one.

Having looked at the first ever posts on other blogs, it seems that the standard way to begin is to introduce myself and summarise my knitting life. Seems a tad dull, but here we go: I'm 28, a teacher, a single parent, messy, a hoarder, prone to spells of depression and addicted to tea. That's me, and I think the knitting history is far more interesting. I began knitting when I was 6, having been taught by a lovely dinner lady at school. Recently I have come to realise that any naive conception I had about knitting being "a quaint little hobby" have disappeared over the last 2 years and I am now sucked into knitting in a way I never thought possible. I love knitting cables, socks and lace. Fair isle scares me, but not as much as steeking does.

So there we go, this is me and my knitting. The next post will relate to current knitting projects and suchlike, and there may even be pictures! Try to contain your excitement til then...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home