Saturday, May 06, 2006

The postman always rings twice

Well actually that's not true. He knocks once, with extreme force and volume. When he does this when you are trying to get a small person to have their afternoon nap it is incredibly irritating and makes me want to scream obscenities at him. However, today he redemmed himself, as he came bearing packages of goodies!

First up was a book I had bought from Bronte


I've only had a quick look through this, but there are several patterns that look as though they'd good to knit, and as a self-confessed cableaholic I will no doubt find something to help satisfy those cabley urges :)

The second parcel contained 10 balls of Debbie Bliss cotton angora in a beautiful dusky pink. No photo unfortunately, as my new camera hasn't yet arrived, but as soon as it does I'll post one. I've already got 10 balls of this, so am thinking I should have enough to make a nice long cabled cardi for autumn. I bought this yarn from the lovely Pictish, who really should get her own blog (go on Ali, you know you want to!).

When the camera finally gets here there will be photos of all my WIP's - I've started rounding them up in preparation for their mugshots and am slightly alarmed at just how many there are. Hopefully by making them public I'll shame myself into doing something about them!

1 Comments:

Blogger mogs said...

just noticed your blog! Well done for jumping on the bandwagon, haven't succumbed yet myself. Can't wait to see your pictures.

9:24 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home