Friday, April 27, 2007

My buffday

Yesterday was my buffday, so I did what all good badgers do and took a day off work to go on safari. I got to Whipsnade nice and early and looked at the lemurs for a bit. I then sat down for a little rest and what do you know, but Super Monkey flew in and landed on my back!



Devious also came along to play



Idoru
and 5150 also came along to play, but as they'd decided to wear their human suits we didn't take any pictures of them.

I saw lots of animals, but my favourites were the penguins.



I had scampi for my dinner.


And then we looked at more animals from the steam train!


You can see from this picture that the humans kept trying to grab at Super Monkey, what with her being the world's most favouritist superhero. Luckily she only had to drop two or three anvils on the humans to make them stop harassing her.

I then had to drive home, and it was all going well until I hit a traffic jam.



Still, at least I had pressies to unwrap when I got home, and I shall show pictures of them soon (honest!)

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

They tried to violate me with their ugly naked fingers.

You didn't mention how we saw the sealions' naughty bits! It was also good to see the filthy chimps locked up where they could do no further harm to society.

6:45 am  
Blogger Badger said...

I didn't mention the sealions' rude bits, cause I thought you'd be putting it on your blog. You'd explain it all so much better than I ever could.

6:53 am  
Blogger Hellbelle said...

The Birthday Safari sounds great!

That is a big plate of scampi and chips for a small badger :)

8:51 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Badger's dead greedy. She had a jammy doughnut too.

1:33 pm  
Blogger Kai said...

Happy Birthday!!! :)

Hope you're still celebrating this weekend..

Whipsnade sounds cool and I'm glad you had a good time.

4:17 pm  
Blogger Auntie Noo said...

Happy (slightly belated) Birthday Badger. Glad you had such a fab day.

10:50 am  
Blogger KnitYoga said...

Happy birthday! Looks like you had a fun day!

12:54 pm  
Blogger Linda said...

Happy belated birthday! It looked like a fab day out.

12:21 pm  
Blogger Hellbelle said...

Fear not, Ms Badger. Your buffday yarn was posted before the horrendous thumb bloodbath took place.

12:29 pm  
Blogger Fiona Reynolds said...

Happy Birthday, Badger! Looks like a great day.

8:07 am  
Blogger Hawkesley said...

Happy belated Birthday wishes from me too :-) It sounds like you all had a fab safari at Whipsnade.

10:56 am  
Blogger Piglottie said...

A very belated Happy Birthday (sorry, have been offline a lot last two weeks). Glad you had a great day - brilliant pictures :)

11:17 am  
Blogger acrylik said...

Happy belated birthday - sounds like an excellent time was had by all :)

1:45 pm  
Blogger Daisy said...

Happy (belated) birthday!

12:33 pm  
Blogger belaybunny said...

yes, belated happy birthday. I love whipsnade, used to live very close by. hope you got lots of lovely knitted goodies!!

1:42 pm  
Blogger Sarah said...

Sorry to be so late but Happy Birthday! It looks like everyone had a great time!

7:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home