Saturday, May 12, 2007

Eurovision!

As tonight is Eurovision I am likely to be very drunk soon. I am therefore making a quick and early post which will allow me to get hammered along with Terry, free from worry about blogging whilst paralytic.

I have been knitting on the mitered blankie today, finished a pair of socks last night and did some tidying, but as the camera battery has died I have no proof and you'll just have to trust me. Instead, I leave you with a progress picture of the Swallowtail shawl. As soon as my pattern arrives it's next on the list to be finished :)


And a close up of the oh so pretty stitch pattern:




Competition News

I'm now slightly worried by the immense optimism shown by some competition entries - Christina in particular seems to have a touching, if slightly naive, faith in me. 5 more days to get your guess entered!

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should make sure you get really drunk. It's the weekend so no one will mind if you have to spend the whole day in bed sleeping it off.

It's what Terry would want you to do.

6:06 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:18 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:19 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Choppers, the lot of 'em are deluded. You have such limited staying power.

2:20 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh, Northern Monkey. Delightful as ever. Your words are like poetry in an ugly world.

9:04 am  
Blogger Badger said...

Bless her, she does get excited when she's had a drink. Still, nobody can be offended now :)

9:25 am  
Blogger Piglottie said...

Swallowtail is looking great! Eurovision was a scream as ever - if aliens watched that programme to research Europe what would they think! I only watch the voting though :)

12:50 pm  
Blogger Sarah Ditum said...

I let my 5-yr-old stay up to watch the songs. He looked bemused by the whole process and I felt sort of embarrassed to be enjoying it. Your swallowtail looks beautiful.

4:24 pm  
Blogger dreamcatcher said...

I think inebriation is required for Eurovision, sadly I was sober :-D

Swallowtail looks lovely, definitely one on my list.

6:45 pm  
Blogger florencemary said...

It's 20.08 on a sunday night and badger hasn't posted yet. Can I win the competition now and say that badger ain't gonna post tonight? hi badger, btw, just found your blog as I've been surfing the knitting-blog-highway. Your shawl looks beautiful!

7:11 pm  
Blogger Kai said...

Eurovision and Terry are a match made in heaven! :D I unfortunately could not partake in this delightful past-time. *sigh*

Swallowtail is gorgeous.

10:37 am  
Blogger belaybunny said...

LOL - I'm sure you can make it to september!!!

Swallowtail is looking gorgeous btw.

12:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home