Friday, May 11, 2007

I have yarn!

As I mentioned in the list of WIPs, there is a mitered blankie in the making. I'd been mulling over the idea of knitting some kind of blanket out of my leftovers, but somewhere along the line the idea of leftovers got abandoned. I wanted to knit this behemoth of a blankie out of cotton, and whilst all our American chums may be able to get hold of Tahki-Stacey Charles cotton in a gazillion different shades, over this side of the pond things are a bit trickier. Yarn Forward sell the takhi stuff, but the shipping is astronomical. Rowan handknit cotton comes in over 30 shades, but most of these are fairly muted and I want my blankie to be zingy. I spent several days pouring over various websites, trying to find exactly what I wanted, but nothing seemed to be right. Having depressed myself and just about given up, a wise monkey pointed me in the direction of Texere Double Top cotton.

Wow. This stuff is great value, comes in very vibrant shades and knits like a dream. I'm planning on mixing this with the Rowan cotton in order to maximise my colour combinations, but just look at the colours of this little lot!


Mmmm, purty yarn!



And remember, if you haven't yet entered yesterday's competition then there are still 6 days to go (and some of you are proper cynical b*stards!)

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you sure you got enough? :S

7:23 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What happened to it being different shades of the same colour?

7:34 pm  
Blogger acrylik said...

Wow - those colours are stunning! It's going to be an amazing blankie.

7:42 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pfft. What does a Hoob know about knitting? There's only enough there for a little baby jumper.

8:03 pm  
Blogger Hellbelle said...

They are proper eye-scorching colours. Hurrah!

And I don't know what you could possibly mean about us being cynical.

8:22 pm  
Blogger Daisy said...

Ooh, very pretty!

11:22 am  
Blogger dreamcatcher said...

Love the colours, now trying to stay away from the Texere site, don't have room for lots of cotton, argh :-)

6:43 pm  
Blogger Kai said...

hmm... definitely lovely, lovely yarn!! I LOVE the colours... that green in the corner. Nice. And the pinks are so cool. :)

10:35 am  
Blogger TutleyMutley said...

That'll be zingy! I'm still going for the leftovers in my Kaffe Fasset bedcover - but I keep seeing odd balls on sale and adding to my 'leftover' collection IYSWIM!

11:12 pm  
Anonymous Marilyn H said...

Great blog you haave here

12:08 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home