Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Spurious accusations

I am shocked. I was accused earlier today of not updating this blog regularly, and quite frankly I see no reason to quietly accept this dreadful slur. I update every single time I have enough alcohol in my system, and if this isn't often enough for people then I suggest they send me margarita mix and remedy the problem themselves (and yes,that means you, Northern Monkey).

So anyway, I have thought about yesterday's list and pondered over the comments. I'll be making some decisions about the various projects in the next few weeks and no doubt several of them will be heading for the frog pond. Quite which ones is still to be decided, but there are several likely candidates. I also remembered another WIP, the space invader socks. They are really, really cool and I love knitting them, but there is a size issue that needs resolving. I'll be frogging these soon, but will defintely be redoing them at some point. Here's the sock before it's ripped back.


I thought I should also post pictures of my buffday booty. This is me with some Noro Iro that Helen sent me, and some natural coloured alpaca from Kai.


And I got another knitterly present today from Super Monkey. Here I am with the gift all wrapped up.


And when I opened it there were the coolest lace up gloves inside! it's very difficult to take photos of both arms at once, so I settled for just one modelled glove. Looky.


She's a clever monkey, is that one :)

(Thankyou for the various offers of the Swallowtail pattern - I've arranged to borrow one so I'm all sorted now. Knitters are the best.)

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Margarita mix sounds like Effort. I am allergic to Effort. How about I send you some happy thoughts instead? Guaranteed to enrich your life (maybe)? Or you could make me mojitos?

7:38 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's just frozen lime juice and triple secretaries. That's what that rabbit said.

In comparison with your list, I have absolutely nubbin knitting at the moment at all. NUBBIN! I'm either at a loss or in a fug. I wound up some yarn to start Brickwork, but the Ocado man distracted me and I never got started.

8:21 pm  
Blogger Hellbelle said...

Two updates in two days.
And an updated blogroll.
The Badger has gone blogging mad. Mad, I tell you!

The Badger Buffday Glove is just too pretty for words *smitten*

8:53 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Triple SEC. It's an orange flavored liqueur.

8:58 pm  
Blogger Seahorse said...

That sock is fab! What a b*gger that it's the wrong size!

9:50 pm  
Blogger Kai said...

ohh.. another post, another post!! *does a little jig* :p

I like the sexy glove. :)

Shame about the space invader socks, but it's good to hear you'll do them again.

booze shall be sent to help you blog every day! :)

11:40 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where is today's post, Miss I'm-going-to-blog-every-day?!

Groove says: PHOTOS! :|

4:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's too early to be drunk yet. Even for Badger. Give her another twenty minutes.

4:10 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

TWENTY MINUTES IS UP! She surely can't prove the Hoob right?

5:41 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As I recall, the Hoob has already been correct once. I don't see it happening again in our lifetimes.

BADGER WOULDN'T LIE!

6:10 pm  
Blogger Badger said...

I WILL UPDATE LATER! Now stop pestering me, and let me put small badgers to bed first.

6:36 pm  
Blogger belaybunny said...

Nice birthday haul, I'd better keep looking on here every day now ;) Love the space invaders socks, shame about the size.

12:13 pm  
Blogger dreamcatcher said...

Lovely prezzies, the gloves are very glam :-)

6:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home