Monday, May 14, 2007

Could it be?

Why, it is! It's a finished object!


I can't get a decent photo, so that one of me waggling my feet in the air will have to do.

Pattern: Generic sock pattern.

Yarn: Curious yarns sock yarn in 'Forest Walker'

Needles: 2.5mm inox dpns

Why did they take so long?: Basically, I cast on for these with the intention of them being a birthday present for someone. All was going well until I went to Skip North back in March with a nearly finished pair of socks. I thought I'd turn the heel whilst listening to a talk from some interesting maths knitterly peeps. Unfortunately it turns out I can't turn heels in the dark whilst drunk and sniggering with other drunken knitters, and the resulting cockeyed heel caused the sock to get shoved in my bag where it languished unloved til last week.

One FO down, a gazillion to go.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice! I think you've said all there is to say about knitting for a while. Why don't you have a nice rest and take tomorrow off from blogging :)

8:54 pm  
Blogger Badger said...

Bad hoob!

9:39 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She's clearly going to give up when PP explodes. She's be too covered in baby goo to blog.

6:50 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She might write from the delivery room with graphic images just to spite you.

7:24 am  
Blogger Kai said...

cool socks!

and you keep blogging missy.. at least until 1st July.. *winks*

:D

9:18 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She better not post any gooey baby photos. I will be most displeased. Surely it's illegal to photograph that kind of stuff anyway?

10:12 am  
Blogger Linda said...

Nice socks! Keep on blogging!

11:36 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No! Stop! I am an evil Hoob and my life's mission is to bring your blog to a grinding halt!

Groove says: Photos!

12:46 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

KNICKERS!

2:24 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your socks are very sausage. Kudos.

5:31 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't see any drunken knitters at the maths talk!

Vision problems perhaps (hic)

5:51 pm  
Blogger Badger said...

Hmmm, I seem to have some recollection of certain other knitters drinking a fair amount of the red stuff too...

7:38 pm  
Blogger TutleyMutley said...

Why is that we knitters persist in trying to knit in the dark whilst tiddly over and over again when we KNOW it means a deal of frogging the next day.
I think this lesson ought to be added to your list from yesterday making it numero 8.
Good socks - excellent FO. good blogging.

11:20 pm  
Blogger Gemma said...

Drunken knitters at SkipNorth?? Surely not!! *says she who sat quietly in the corner with her 5 litres of water and has no wonky heels*

4:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home