Saturday, October 13, 2007

I am home, I have yarn - Part 1

I'm not sure whether I can cope with all the excitement that my few days away contained. I'm a very tired and broke little badger, but I shall do my best to tell the exciting tale of buying yarn down south.

Thursday involved being collected by Spanner and Northern Monkey. I managed to lock my keys in my car just before they arrived, but luckily I found a local delinquent to rescue them for me. We set off and everything was fun and happy, so I took the executive decision to inform Stuart Maconie that we were quite impressed with his choice of tunes on Radio 2 that afternoon. NM then declared she needed a wee, and so it was only later that night we discovered that Stuart had said mentioned us. My big break on radio, and I missed it due to NM's bladder. (If you want to hear us mentioned - and let's face it, why wouldn't you - then clicky here and choose to listen to Thursday's episode. We're named about 15 minutes into the show).

Anyhoo, we arrived down south and went to the pub where I had some southern booze. It tasted ok, but the locals seemed an odd lot.



We retired to Super Monkey's treehouse and I had an enjoyable night's sleep where I wasn't threatened with a crowbar and also wasn't nearly crushed by a giant. Oh no, the treehouse is a marvelous place for a sleepover.

In the morning we were off! We got seats on the train and Spanner had a row with a man about her socks. She got quite angry and I got a bit scared, but then he ran away from us after Spanner yelled 'sock hater!' at him very loudly. The rest of the journey to London was fairly uneventful, but then we had to navigate the tube. I found a map and plotted our route, with only a little bit of help from everyone else.


And we arrived! I met up with old chums who have fat bellies.


I made new chums who have the softest imaginable black baby alpaca lace ever.

I found some very forward thinking ladies at Knitwitches who let me try on a badger sized shawl. Babooshka badger!


I found some squishy fibre at Fyberspates and I squeezed it good and proper before deciding it needed to come home with me.


I spent some pennies at Socktopus. Good yarn, good happy ladies.


And one final chum at the show was Phil from the Natural Dye Studio.


We then ate pancakes, did more shopping and all kinds of stuff, but I'm tired now and so will post part 2 later. Kthxbye.

17 Comments:

Blogger TutleyMutley said...

I'm extremely jealous of you badger.

11:11 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Because she got to spend a night in the world famous treehouse?

Who wouldn't be jealous?

11:47 am  
Blogger Joanna said...

Looks like a great day was had!

11:58 am  
Blogger Knot Another Knitter said...

Ooooooh look at the yarn!

1:14 pm  
Blogger Caroline M said...

I'm looking forward to part two. Thank you for sharing your day with those of us that don't get out much.

They do let me out sometimes. I went to a dog show today and saw a rare breed terrier - want to guess what it used to hunt?

4:21 pm  
Blogger Morelli said...

I think I was about two feet away from the Badger on the right hand side of the Natural Dye Studio photo. *LOL* Next time I promise I'll open my mouth instead of gawking silently while petting some of the lovely NDS yarn and trying to decide which one really was more 'rose and mint'. So surprised you didn't hear my friend holloring 'that's Badger!'. I'd mentioned to her in the car that you were going to be wandering around up there.

Angela

6:40 pm  
Blogger Linda said...

Great day, you did get about! I like you in the shawl :)

6:52 pm  
Blogger Piglottie said...

Sounds like a great day - am very jealous. Am loving the Babooshka badger look :)

7:04 pm  
Blogger belaybunny said...

wow, look at all that yarn - I'm not jealous either!! Nice shawl photo!!

7:56 pm  
Blogger Seahorse said...

What a fabbo time! Reckon you'd pulled Phil in the last shot there! ;)

8:27 pm  
Blogger maramcp said...

Looks like you had so much fun - your friends in Fulwood were very impressed with your major expedition.

10:27 pm  
Blogger BabyLongLegs said...

OOH....a piccie of the Wormhead's belly!!!!!
A very petite one too.....I looked like a beachball at 5 months gone.....LOL

Glad you had lots of fibre-volity Badger.....I wish I was allowed to roll in yarn like that :)

Love
Sarah xXx

11:57 pm  
Blogger Hellbelle said...

I've been humming Alanis Morrisette for three days now.

8:35 am  
Blogger Sarah said...

Ooh what fun :O)

2:01 pm  
Blogger florencemary said...

Looks like you had a wondrous time in the Land of Southern Softies, Badger! You look right at home. You're not on the turn, are you?

6:50 pm  
Blogger Joy said...

I had a smoosh of that Socktopus yarn too - it's lovely stuff isn't it. I'm glad you had such a good time, my poor feet haven't recovered yet!

2:34 am  
Blogger Woolly Wormhead said...

Loved your new hair, Badger :)

Y'know, bump posed 'specially for that photo and was trying to look larger than it really is...

Good to see you again (and hear you discussing vagina's in front of old ladies)

3:16 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home