Saturday, May 19, 2007

Still poorly

Clarabelle is right. When you're ill you need a big knitted blankie. Unfortunately I haven't got one, so I made a new square for my blankie to be. The colours are accurate on this picture, but the pieces have yet to be steamed and seamed. What amazes me is the effect one colour has on its neighbour. The miter in the top right has a very dusky lilac as its contrast, and yet when it's teamed with the pink, it appears far more grey than it does on the ball.


I'm really enjoying knitting these, and it's so much fun choosing colour combinations. The more I look at the colours I have, I'm starting to see the obvious gaps that will require filling. I need a primrose yellow, bright red, a chartreuse green and a pale brown (for now at least). I'm off to Texere to see what they've got....

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice. I hope you're thinking of tomorrow's post already.

8:32 pm  
Blogger Joanna said...

Must be nice to be able to nip off to Texere just like that, nice squares by the way, I've seen this pattern but have never tried mitres, can you tell me where the details of it are?

9:37 pm  
Blogger Hellbelle said...

This is going to be the most expensive blankie in the world!!

10:12 pm  
Blogger florencemary said...

I know what you mean about the fun of choosing colours! I love assembling them all and deciding what goes with what, etc when I'm doing my blankies/wall-hangings. I might just have a go at the mitred square approach as it looks really good...

8:31 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No post yet! Super Monkey for teh win!

1:54 pm  
Blogger Kai said...

It's looking lovely. :)

2:33 pm  
Blogger WildPurl said...

Oooh! Nice stripy squares, they look great, I think they will make a lovely blanket

1:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home