Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Falling in love

Sometimes you can fall in love in an instant - the moment your eyes meet you just know that this is the man (or woman or badger or hoob or whatever floats your boat) that you will love and cherish for the rest of your life. Sometimes the love isn't there straight away and it grows slowly over time until it blossoms into full adoration. When I first saw Nona's sidewinders I felt nubbin. I admit there was appreciation for her skill in creating such a pattern, but the socks themselves barely scored a flicker on the badger loveometer. Now though, the adoration has begun. It was initially just a bit of admiration, but the more I see the socks the more I feel myself wanting to surrender to them. I can fight the passion no more, and the swatching will begin tonight. Sidewinders, I think I love you.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

KAL!

I didn't think I liked them at all when I first saw them. But I keep eyeing up some yarn in my stash and thinking about them.

I have to finish my little cotton socks first though.

8:52 pm  
Blogger Hellbelle said...

I'd quite like to give them a try too. I want to see how they look before grafting.

8:54 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that the
sidewinder is indeed an underrated invention but for truly huge firepower you can't ignore the AIM-54 Phoenix

8:57 pm  
Blogger Piglottie said...

Hmmm, I'm not feeling the love for the sidewinders :( but shall watch your progress with interest, maybe something will bloom :)

12:55 am  
Blogger kathryn said...

I really like the sideways stripes, but enough to forsake my tried-and-tested-fit-every-time for one that relies on a swatch to ensure it fits???

I'm not sure, but it's very tempting to try something so different.

Thanks for the link and maybe KAL

6:17 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does this mean I've inspired another KAL?

8:45 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is Knitalonganonymous like Singalongamax?

9:53 am  
Blogger Fiona Reynolds said...

Looking forward to seeing your progress with the Sidewinders.

5:16 pm  
Blogger Joanna said...

Thanks for introducing me to sidewinders, I'm not convinced yet, but maybe a grower!

7:56 pm  
Blogger KnitYoga said...

Well, they definitely look interesting! :-)

4:34 pm  
Blogger belaybunny said...

They do look interesting, looking forward to seeing yours'. Not sure I can cope with all the grafting though, cos I am lazy!! ;)

9:48 pm  
Blogger acrylik said...

They look interesting - looking forward to seeing your progress. I might be tempted!

1:03 pm  
Blogger WildPurl said...

They look great, what colour are yours going to be?

11:03 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home