Thursday, July 24, 2008

Tis the season...

...for woolly hats! I have no concentration these days, and so am only knitting small projects. First was a hat for me:


It's Woolly Wormhead's teacozy hat, knitted in some Natural Dye Studio yarn which may be called Saga, but may not (I lost the label ages ago). The pattern is nice and mindless, the yarn is fabulous and any hat with a hole for a ponytail is a grand hat if you ask me.

Next up is a hat for baby badger. I hated knitting the hat, but she likes it so I guess that should be good enough for me. I learned something from knitting the hat, and that is that knitting with beads is a hellish activity that I shan't be repeating. Behold the hated hat:


Odessa
(Ravelry link), by Grumperina. Knitted in Rowan something or other with some mystery beady things.

That's your lot for now, am off to London for a bit where I may harass Mr Craig if I get a chance.

4 Comments:

Blogger Caroline M said...

I started Odessa once and ripped it for reasons I can't now remember. I suspect that somewhere there is a ball of black yarn with beads still strung on it. She does look a happy badgerette though.

7:23 pm  
Blogger maramcp said...

Lovely hats, m'dear!

9:44 pm  
Blogger Ally Jay said...

Might just give beads a miss then. Hats look adorable.

5:50 am  
Blogger Daisy said...

Love the teacozy hat - I hate ending up with a lumpy bit where my hair is with normal woolly hats!

10:25 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home