Monday, August 20, 2007

I rock


Webbo reckons I rock. This pleases me greatly.



And now for more socks! I offered to knit the pirate some socks and she chose some Fybersaptes merino/tencel in pinks.


This was the best photo we could get, as she refused to stay still, but I'm again not totally happy. Basically, I cast on 48 stitches, did a 2x2 ribbed cuff for a bit, some leg and then a short row heel. The heels look ace with no holes at all, but they just don't seem to fit her properly. I have no idea whether this is because small people have funny shaped heels in general, or if it's just my small person that's odd. The yarn itself is lovely, and I'd definitely recommend it. It's smooth and shiny and just glides along the needles. I've got enough left for a pair of anklets for me, and am looking forward to seeing how it holds up to repeated washing and wearing.

And thanks for the shop recommendations - it seems that there are a few universally loved shops (like GK), and whilst everyone has been very restrained with naming names of not so good shops it's pretty clear who are to be avoided.

13 Comments:

Blogger Linda said...

The socks look nice, what is the merino/tencell like to knit with?
Well done an the award too!

6:41 am  
Blogger Sarah said...

Glad the camera has returned!

Both pairs of socks look great from here, I must try some Tencel blend for socks as it always seems to get great reviews.

6:41 am  
Blogger Sarah said...

Also meant to say that I'm warming a seat in Ravelry for you, it's nice and cosy :)

6:42 am  
Blogger Caroline M said...

It's not that she's got funny feet, she might just need that extra room that a gusset gives you. Do they look too tight on a diagonal from the tip of the heel through the ankle?

I like tencel - it makes for shiny socks and I'm shallow that way.

9:25 am  
Blogger Piglottie said...

Congrats on the award - well deserved :) How did you find the merino/tencel? I have some in stash but have heard that can be not too good for socks as it is too stretchy and goes baggy. Btw, I think short row heels are oddly shaped, so it might not be your pirate but the heels :)

10:25 am  
Blogger Hellbelle said...

Cute little socks. Love the shades of pink.

1:06 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do love the colour of those socks. Shame they don't fit very well, though :(

1:09 pm  
Blogger Fiona Reynolds said...

Lovely socks. And what's the Tencel like to knit with? Also, all small people are wierd - not just their feet. ;-)

4:48 pm  
Blogger belaybunny said...

I'm liking those pink socks - so is my DD ;)

6:26 pm  
Blogger florencemary said...

Well done on the award!

I'm also knitting socks with some merino/tencel for the first time (from Hipknits) - I agree, it feels lovely, really soft and smooth.

7:51 am  
Blogger Joanna said...

socks look great its a nice colour!

11:50 am  
Blogger Joanna said...

congrats on the award, have just been reading about shops, does anonymous know we can't shop with her if she's anonymous, snickers!
It was interesting to see on ravelry (yes I'm sort of there) a forum about buying online in the Uk and people weren't holding back.

11:54 am  
Blogger Helen said...

ooo that's now made me even more keen to get into Ravelry...hehehe mind you they'll have to be a bit careful, don't want any lawsuits do we? I really like the colour of the socks btw!

10:19 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home