Sunday, June 04, 2006

B%$&#$dy computers!

I've not posted for ages because my laptop died. It needed a new hard drive and so I was without the internet for nearly a week. When you're used to having the web at your fingertips it's so frustrating to suddenly be without. Anyway, the good news is that it meant I had more knitting time. I finished this:



I think I want to fiddle around with the neck band a bit more before I class this as an FO, as I knitted the band the way it was written in the pattern but didn't like the way it looked. At first I thought it was my knitting, but after I had ripped it and redone it a few times I decided that it was the pattern that was at fault not me. Ideally it needs a crocheted edge, but as my crochet skills are virtually non-existent I don't think I'll manage this. To be perfectly honest, the neck looks quite nice as it is, apart from one tiny little blip which I've highlighted in this picture (click on the photo to make it easier to see):



it's not very noticable, but it would bug me just knowing it was there. It's from when I rejoined the yarn to the centre stitches having knitted one of the shoulders and I pulled the yarn a bit too tight. I'm thinking I might knit a corsage type thingummy to cover it.

Anyway, I'll get on with blocking it so there should hopefully be modelled pics next post!

2 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

Pfft! It's not a mistake - it's a DESIGN FEATURE! Lovely colours. Knitting garments that fit YOU rather than the mythical "size x" woman is so satisfying. And maybe you'll be able to make matching socks one day...

I'm off to snorgle my Knit Picks yarn. *wiggles bum in general badgerly direction*

10:24 pm  
Blogger Auntie Noo said...

It looks gorgeous! I bet you find it sits fine when it's blocked, and I agree the neck looks good as it is. The yarn looks lovely must take another look at what it was!

7:40 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home