Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Knitters Graveyard

You know the place that DPN's crawl off to so they can die in peace? The place where stitch markers huddle together for warmth? The place where, on a dark and stormy night, you can hear the wailing of lost row counters? The place that you know exists but you can never actually quite find it?

Well, I have discovered its location, and it is on this astral plane, not the parallel universe I had previously presumed they were falling into. I have been tidying today (a most un-badger like activity), and have discovered 12 dpn's, 2 row counters, 1 tape measure, countless stitch markers, 4 beading needles and 9 sewing needles, all of them between my side table and the wall ,which is a gap of mere millimetres. Those pesky knitting implements will try anything to escape and so I now have them safely confined in my knitting bag. I wonder how long they'll stay there before they make their next bid for freedom....

2 Comments:

Blogger Hellbelle said...

Perhaps some kind of knitting accessory safety net is in order?

PS. Have you looked down the back of the sofa yet?

12:35 pm  
Blogger dianemulholland said...

My DH nearly vacuumed up some stitch markers that had run away to start a new life together under the sofa cushions. They are now safely zip-locked lol

11:39 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home