Sunday, July 30, 2006

Secret Summer Santa

Well, of all the things you expect to happen on a boiling hot Sunday afternoon, getting a visit from the postman isn't top of my list! He claimed he was working overtime, which seemed odd to me, but hey - HE BROUGHT ME A PRESSIE!

I've been taking part in the Angel Yarns forum Secret Summer Santa swap, and I've been waiting not very patiently for my pressie for the past few weeks. I showed amazing restraint and managed to photo it before I demolished all the pretty paper:




And when I opened it I saw this:



The first pressie said "To add to your stash", and inside was 2 skeins of handpainted 100%lambswool. The colours are beautiful, absolutely my favourites and it smells really good too!



The next package said "Perfect for socks", and indeed it is perfect :)



Next was a little pack labelled "Perfect for adding a touch of colour". These are just brilliant, and sizes are 5mm, 6mm, 7mm, 8mm and 10mm, none of which I own and are great for a novice crocheter like me.



Next came two more pressies, one labelled for me and the other for the small badgers (I ate the muffin almost instantly - yum!)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I also got a lovely card (which I haven't taken a picture of), and there was a clue as to who my secret summer santa was.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

A slow snail, hmmm I wonder who it could be ;) I want to say a very big THANKYOU to the lovely blogless Slowasasnail Kate!


10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH what lovely pressies. It sure was a well thought out gifty!!

8:06 pm  
Blogger Hellbelle said...

Fab presents!! Lucky Badger :)

9:31 pm  
Blogger dianemulholland said...

You lucky girl! And what beautiful wrapping :-)I am very jealous of all the summer santas but I am in an August birthday swap so only have to wait a few more weeks!

9:33 pm  
Blogger Catknit said...

yummy nummy num,and I don't just mean the edibles.
Have fun with the yarny bits, you already enjoyed the muffin!

11:15 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, lovely prezzies you got there...as you probably already guessed (what with the two of us having similar - impeccable - tastes in the yarn dept.) I think the yarn is fabulously gorgeous.
And funny as it is, my mom's house is home to "Percy the PUG" (geddit?)
Hugs from Hamburg!

8:20 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've got some gorgeous things there Badger!
What are you going to crochet next? cos those hooks need some loving ( i want some they look fabby!)

9:59 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lurve the handpainted yarn - pretty colours. Sorry to read that you didn't get the job, more power to your elbow for the next time!

12:26 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love the bag!!!

i think the wait was well worth it wasn't it!! :)

11:29 am  
Blogger Rain said...

Ooo what lovely gifts. You're good for not ripping off the wrapping straight away. The butterfly bag is gorgeous.

8:48 pm  
Blogger acrylik said...

What lovely gifts - especially those crochet hooks - I really want some of those lovely coloured ones!

7:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home