Saturday, July 15, 2006

Wool heaven

Firstly I want to say thankyou for all your lovely comments about the Polly Pocket dress, I'm really pleased with how it's turned out and it's always good to free up the needles for a new WIP ;)

Today I went to the Colinette mill shop and had an amazing time. I met up with several knitters from the AY forum and it was a great experience buying yarn with like minded people to help with the choices. Anyway, without further ado, here are the pics of the newly acquired stash:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This is Parisienne mohair in velvet leaf with the pattern support booklet

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This is giotto in Sunrise (I think - there was no label on this lot)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This is more giotto, this time in velvet damson

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

2 hanks of lasso in velvet leaf

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

5 hanks of wigwam in an unknown shade

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

A kit for a perugino throw, again colourway is a bit of a mystery.

With the exception of the parisienne mohair and the throw all the other skeins were from the sale room (hence the lack of info about colour), so it was a total bargain! Now I just have to choose what to knit first...

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice stash, I'm very envious :) Belaybunny!!!

9:27 pm  
Blogger Hellbelle said...

Blimey! I don't want to even imagine the bill for that lot!


Seriously cool shopping.

9:58 pm  
Blogger dreamcatcher said...

Ooer fabulous stash enhancement. I love that sale room :-D

10:29 pm  
Blogger Jacqui said...

Oooh, you had a lovely day, I see! Wish they'd open a shop in Newcastle :o) Maybe I'd better win the lottery before then tho'.

7:29 am  
Blogger Wye Sue said...

Glad you had a good shop, looking forward to seeing what you knit. The kid mohair knits up lovely.. Think they are definitely going to do some more Saturday opening ;-)

2:06 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow i'm green too ;) but lucky you!!!!

Looking forward to seeing your little un in something new!! and you of course :D

3:46 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have to go now and find something to wipe the drool from my key board.

11:56 pm  
Blogger acrylik said...

Ooooh, another lucky soul who got to go to Colinette!! Beautiful stash - especially the Giotto.

8:57 am  
Blogger Auntie Noo said...

Ha Ha you managed to make this look a lot less on the AY Forum !! - I can now see the true extent of your S.E.X.

It all looks beautiful and I can't wait to see some photies of it knitted up.

12:44 pm  
Blogger Angie said...

Wow ..have to lie down !

9:07 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Yummy Bummy Yarny Goodness!!!
(Why do i resort to babbeling like a baby when I see such Yummyness??!!)

8:12 pm  
Blogger Catknit said...

No fair, I wanted to go to Colinette but not possible, you need to go on a serious yarn diet now young lady and if you want to shed any of that lot my way, I promise I'll sit up and beg for the scraps.

2:51 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home