Friday, June 30, 2006

One skein + 2 hours = a F.O!

I had a new fireplace fitted today, and as I live in a tiny house I thought I'd better go and sit in my garden whilst the guys were working. Unfortunately my garden offers little in the way of entertainment so I had to find a way to amuse myself. I thought about doing the other pocket for the dress, but I need to concentrate for intarsia so I thought I'd better do something simple. I bought a skein of Colinette tagliatelle from my LYS on Wednesday (no comments about yarn diets, please!) and decided I'd make a start on Aurora from Jelly Allstars. I didn't bother with a swatch, and just cast on, laughing at my recklessness (I know how to live dangerously!). Amazingly enough, after a couple of hours it was totally finished and despite my gauge nonchalence it fits the little badger perfectly. Looky:




And check the smile - she actually likes it!

In sock knitting news I got an e-mail from Dee today, saying that the next posh yarns sock club wool has been sent - I can't wait!

And to answer Lyonheart's question, the polly pocket dress is from this book. It's a lovely and easy pattern but head bangingly dull to knit ;)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never mind this, what's the fireplace like? :)

10:38 pm  
Blogger dianemulholland said...

That is so cute! I love one-skein wonders: I don't have the attention span for longer projects :-)

2:13 am  
Blogger Auntie Noo said...

ahh little badger looks very happy, and it's a great top! - She'll be knitting her own soon!!!!

8:24 am  
Blogger Seahorse said...

Aww! Lovely little badger and lovely top!

9:21 am  
Blogger Angie said...

Oh how cute..love Colinette . It must be nice to have a little one to for .My big one hates Colinette ( gone all sophisticated on her hippy mum) but I love it .I have some tag in neptune waiting to be made into a shawl for me.

7:22 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

little baby badger does indeed look very very happy!! :) well done with the crochet. and your intarsia is inspiring me to try it myself for my mario bros. baby blanket that i need to knit!!

see you soon..

2:24 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awwwwww ( and to think she even ate some of it lol)
too cute for words!!!

9:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home