Thursday, June 29, 2006

Polly pocket dress

I've finished knitting the front and back of this dress and despite numerous attempts to photo it, it merely looks like a dark blob. Still, I have done one of the pockets and it proved to be much more willing to strike a pose. See?



I haven't done any intarsia for a very long time - I think the last time was when I was a teenager, and so this was effectively a new experience. It wasn't the easiest thing I've ever done, but I think the biggest problem has been the yarn. It's Rowan Denim, and so there is no give at all. It's fairly neat, but I'm hoping that when it has it's shrink wash it will tighten enough to improve the appearence of any slightly dodgy bits.

And as I know someone will ask, I have also taken a picture of the back. Clearly I haven't weaved (woven?) the ends in, but you get the idea of how it looks.



There's another pocket and the edgings to do on the dress and then it will be done. I'm hoping to try and get it finished this weekend, although there will be football watching and beer drinking too, so the dress may get slightly neglected if there's cause to celebrate!

4 Comments:

Blogger Hellbelle said...

Sweet flower! Neat back too... weaving in ends is soooo dull though :)
H.

8:30 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The pocket is very pretty, am impressed as I am scared of intarsia. (I live my knitting life in fear.) What is the pattern?

4:28 pm  
Blogger Kate said...

*spies intarsia*

*backs away from the blog very slowly*

You're a brave and fearless Badger! Intarsia makes me cry. ;-)

6:20 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well thats better than making Bronte wee herself! lol

I'm not sure intarsias for me yet either (just got up plain sock level....)

9:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home