Monday, August 21, 2006

A pox be upon my home

Euch, I'm sick. I am ill of the pox, and there is a red cross painted on my door and everything. Please excuse my coughing, spluttering, wheezing and general snuffling throughout this post.

So the gold star goes to Bronte for being the first person to correctly identofy the WIP as the i-cord jumper from Inspired Cable Knits by Fiona Ellis. It is proving to be an incredibly well written pattern and has enough interest to make it a fun knit. I finished the back within 2 days of starting and swiftly began a sleeve. The back looks like this:



This is a piccie of the finished jumper for those who haven't got the book - it's just sooooo pretty!


I've also started knitting a pair of socks for a friend. I'm using the latest posh sock club yarn and am following the PY free sock pattern. I'm really quite ploeased with this, as matching a variegated yarn to a pattern can be a problem for me as I'm a very fussy badger.

I have loads of pictures and loads to say today but unfortunately blogger is playing up, so I'll try again tomorrow and hope for better blog karma.

Oh, a final question: I have a friend who I would like to knit a gift for. It needs to be a fairly quick knit but something special as she is an exceptional knitter. Any suggestions? My thought are something like a drop stitch scarf in a luxury yarn, but any other suggestions would be gratefully received :)

16 Comments:

Blogger T said...

I'm sorry you're poorly little Badge :( I hope you feel better soon. The jumper's absolutely lovely and I hope you can keep on knitting with your pox.
I saw the PY pattern knitted up somewhere, it's really pretty. I'll have a think about gift knitting but luxury yarn's definitely got to be the way to go hasn't it?

6:42 am  
Blogger Wye Sue said...

You could do a thinner version of the wrap on Colinette home page, quite quick to do and feels wonderful, my first ball of Tao ran out at about 60cm, over 85 sts.... sorry you are feeling poorly, knitting silk will cheer you up !!!

6:58 am  
Blogger Seahorse said...

Bleh to the bug. Hope it goes away soon.

The I-Cord sweater is fab. Definitely on my 'to do' list. I'm a bit in awe of the two day thing.

A luxury yarn scarf sounds a good option for your friend. You could always do the Swallowtail Shawl though. It's a beautiful and well written pattern and if even I can do it quite quickly, you'd sail away with it!

7:44 am  
Blogger Auntie Noo said...

The jumper looks lovely! and 2 days - WOW!!

Sorry your feeling poorly, do hope you get better soon.

8:20 am  
Blogger Hellbelle said...

Two days? While poorly? You truly are the fastest knitter in the world ;)

8:42 am  
Blogger Kate said...

I echo the "two days?!" shock thing. But then, you're a tiny little badger, too. It looks like it'll be such an interesting pattern to knit with all those cables doing stuff.

*sticks gold star to bosom*

And grrr to Blogger playing up. :-(

9:51 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amelie, what about the Ripple Scarf pattern by Jean Moss? Bet that would be lovely in a posh yarn. Hope you are feeling better :o). Also, sent you a pm on a certain forum, in case your friend reads this blog re: a specific/temed pattern!!

11:20 am  
Blogger Angie said...

That is your idea of an easy knit..sob..it's gorgeous.That Colinette shawl is lovely .Hope you feel better soon once the old black pustules break eh.

3:14 pm  
Blogger acrylik said...

:( So sorry to hear you're ill, sending lots of healing thoughts your way. I'd go with everyone else on a luxury yarn scarf - but I think any knitter would be thrilled with any knitted gift, as all knitters know exactly how much work and love went into it.

8:48 pm  
Blogger Melody said...

Hope you're feeling better soon Badger :)

9:15 pm  
Blogger dreamcatcher said...

Aw hope you feel better soon!

Love the cable jumper, that book is high on my wish list :-)

Some great suggestions for things to make for your friend, Swallowtail would be a really good one, IMO :-)

11:26 pm  
Blogger Lothlorian said...

thats jubbly hope you get better soon and Amelie we miss you so so SO much at AY towers please come back soon xxxxxx

10:33 am  
Blogger Catknit said...

beauowtiful knitting, hope you feel better soon so you can go snuffling in the woods again

2:31 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about Swallowtail Shawl (it's not a big one) out of Interweave knits current edition? Just about to finish it. easyish pattern and looks lovely :o) Could do it in a nice Alpacea or silk or.......

8:58 am  
Blogger Rain said...

Hope you're feeling loads better.

What a pretty jumper. The colour you've chosen for it is lovely.

6:46 pm  
Blogger Linda said...

I have just come across your blog and the lovely gathering intentions! It is on my to do list so it is nice to hear how yours is getting on...it looks lovely!

Lin x

11:34 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home