Friday, August 11, 2006

Pressies!

This has been a week of getting nice things from other knitters, and as I've been feeling a little bit low the past couple of weeks this has really cheered me up.

The first pressies were a fimo badger from Northern Monkey, and some stitch markers from Hector's House




And next was a prize I won from Lyonheart! 2 balls of Twilleys freedom spirit wool and a pair of absoluely beautiful earrings





And now the kimono - thankyou for all the suggestions, and like most of you I was going to follow Cherry's advice and add a little bit of contrast to the right front, and add some extra motifs to make a design statement. I went to rummage through the stash, but I didn't have any DK cotton. I went to JL to see what I could find, and then an amazing thing happened! I pulled down a ball of the red handknit cotton and found it was from the same dyelot - the reason why this was so amazing (to me, at least) was that the original yarn hadn't come from that shop but was part of my free subscription gift from Rowan and arrived about 5 months ago! Clearly the Knitting Gods are smiling on me. I have finished the kimono now and just need to find some contrast ribbon for the fastening and maybe add a crochet flower like Knityoga suggested. The kimono isn't actually for baby badger, but for a very teeny tiny person who's due to be born in a few weeks. This is a pattern, though, that's crying out to be upsized and so I will most definitely be making one for BB soon :)

And for all those of you who were concerned for the imaginary monkey, please don't be. I refused to go back and rescue him from the shop but he clearly can run fast, as he'd managed to get back in the car by the time we were back on the M1. Seems we're stuck with monkey for a whuile yet.....



16 Comments:

Blogger T said...

Your luck is changing, this is very good. The kimono will now be perfect!

I love all your presents :)

Perhaps now monkey has learned to hold hands and not wander off?

10:11 pm  
Blogger dianemulholland said...

Maybe he swung through the telegraph wires - I've heard that's even faster than running ;-)

10:11 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a delightful fimo badger. Evidently a highly skilled fimo artist.

3:34 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good preeies. The badger is brilliant.
What an amzing thing to happen about the Yarn you have obviously good knitting luck and the knitting gods are looking down on you with kind eyes.

3:38 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Badger is adorable ! The Freedom yarn is lovely ,better than Rowan's "Country" I think.

6:25 am  
Blogger Lothlorian said...

aww lovely presents and what spooky luck with the wool, isnt it more than great when that sort of thing happens, you were fated to make that kimono obviously!!

8:26 am  
Blogger Seahorse said...

How funny about the dye lot! :lol

Nice to se you got some lovely pressies. Knitters are nice people :)

Very relieved monkey made it home. I wouldn't damn anyone to wander Ikea for the rest of their lives, imaginary or not!

8:30 am  
Blogger Rain said...

Wow, the knitting gods really were smiling on you.

What lovely goodies, the badger rocks.

10:37 am  
Blogger acrylik said...

Lovely pressies you received this week, and the badger is excellent.

What an amazing coincidence about the yarn lot - luck is smiling upon you.

And I'm really glad to hear that the monhkey made his way back sharpish :)

11:18 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, gorgeous cute little badger! Glad your prize reached you ok :)

12:03 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't it wonderful how different two days can be!! One day all the doors stick, the nexr day they are all automatic openers!!!
I am so glad about monkey - I have been worrying.

7:01 pm  
Blogger KnitYoga said...

Lovely pressies! I saw that Twilley's Freedom Spirit wool on Saturday and really liked it. Fantastically lucky that you found the yarn for the kimono in the same dye lot! That's great news! Looking forward to seeing a photo of the finished kimono.

7:58 am  
Blogger Sarah said...

I have to get my husband to read about the monkey - very funny. He is monkey obsessed, we often have to close our windows to stop too many of the imaginary ones getting into our flat - they do cause such a mess.

Just the thought of Ikea, with or without toddler and monkey in tow is making me shudder. I'll go and get a glass of wine.

8:37 pm  
Blogger Piglottie said...

The fimo badger is brilliant! Lovely haul of pressies and what luck with the Rowan!

11:13 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely pressies - you're a loved badger obviously ;-)

1:36 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE the badger!That jumper IS familiar :o). Thnhat is going to be brill.
Jackie

8:45 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home